PSALM 42

Since Cade has battled pneumonia over the past week and a half, my mind has wandered to some dark places. We praise the Lord that he has healed Cade's little body and he is well on the road to full recovery. We still have to be careful with him. I took him for a re-check yesterday and the doctor made sure I knew that I should not have taken him to church Sunday. He said his immune system is still down and he doesn't need to be in large crowds. Large crowds?? That's pretty much anywhere. This will be the second week in a row that he has missed preschool at Jenny's house.So, if anyone is healthy and would like to come over and play, we would love the company!! We may have to take him back for another chest x-ray because he is still getting out of breath really easily and there may be some fluid way down in his lung that is blocking his airway. If you are reading this, say a prayer for him. And that we would have wisdom to know whether or not to get the x-ray. (it is expensive..)
Anyways, the point and reason for my post was that I got a really comforting word from the Lord this morning. Here it is....
Psalm 42: 1-8
1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, My God.
2My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.
5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed in me? Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
6 My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon - from Mount Mizar.
7 DEEP calls to DEEP in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.
8 By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life.

He promises me that he is not just in the heights, but in the depths. The depths of my thoughts. "Deep calls to deep!" That I need to let him take me deep into himself. That he will give me peace there. And to keep on praisin' His name!!

In His Love,
Amanda

2 Response to "PSALM 42"

  1. marissa Says:

    I'm praying for Cade for a full and fast recovery. I'm also praying for your strength to care for a sick one and a baby and that Chloe stays healthy. Keep me posted on how he is doing and how the rest of you are as well.

  2. A is for Audrey Says:

    good word, amanda! i am praying for you and sweet cade! love y'all!